Families interested in attending a public charter school within the State of Oregon (Muddy Creek Charter School, for example) are not required to complete transfer paperwork. Franklin K-8 is not a charter school; admission is granted only through the transfer process.
Students living within the Corvallis School District boundary are generally released to attend school in other districts (Greater Albany, Philomath, or Monroe School Districts, for example). Families should complete the "Inter-District Transfer" form to request this release on an annual basis.
In most cases, the Corvallis School District does allow students residing in other communities to enroll in Corvallis Schools on a space available basis in accordance with district administrative rules. Again, families living outside of the boundary should annually complete the "Inter-District Transfer" form to apply.
The district also allows students living within the Corvallis School District boundary to apply for admission into another Corvallis School District school (a family living in the Hoover Elementary boundary who desire attendance at Mt. View Elementary, for example). Again, these seats are allocated on a space available basis in accordance with district administrative rules. The "In-District Transfer" form applies in these cases.
* If we are unable to offer your child a seat at your school of choice through the transfer process, we will always have a seat available at your boundary area school.
* This requirement assists the district in determining how many kindergarten students will be arriving this fall - in turn, this helps us to estimate the number of seats we may have available for transfer students.
* You can get a head start on registration paperwork this way - many of the forms are transferable between schools!
* Not sure what your boundary school is? Visit our Boundary Information page for maps.
* All applications received during the month of March have equal opportunity in our lottery process - In other words, applications turned in on March 1 have no greater chance of being offered a seat than those completed March 31
* Be sure to enter your e-mail address carefully - this will be our preferred method of contacting you with lottery results and other information
* At this time, we are estimating that decisions will be e-mailed to parents by the end of April - watch this space for additional information
Created on: 8/3/2012; Modified on 8/3/2012;
Created on: 3/1/2012; Modified on 3/1/2012;
Created on: 2/20/2013; Modified on 2/20/2013;