The Corvallis School District, including all schools and the district office, will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 11. Staff will not report to work, except for emergency crews. All Wednesday evening activities are also cancelled.
El Distrito Escolar de Corvallis, incluyendo todas las escuelas y las oficinas del distrito, estarán cerradas el miércoles 11 de diciembre. El personal no deben presentarse al trabajo, excepto los equipos de emergencia. También, se han cancelado todas las actividades del miércoles
With all of the exciting and innovative changes happening in classrooms, the district will send out a monthly spotlight from one participating school to students and parents across the district. More information is also available on the district website.
The first spotlight features Mountain View Elementary School. Kindergarten, first and second graders have dedicated iPad Mini’s assigned to them for in-class use. Grades 3-5 received iPad2s for the student classroom use, which will also be available to take home in January. Thank you to all staff and students at Mountain View!
Rosemary O’Neil, Principal:
Mountain View students and teachers are using their iPads daily. As I conduct my walk throughs I am seeing students and teachers using technology to: practice skills, complete assignments, take notes, conduct research, and produce reports or movies as a summative project of their learning. It is very exciting to see both staff and students exploring and benefitting from this opportunity.
1. The Linus Pauling student iPad checkout is on schedule for Nov. 4,5,7 and Cheldelin for Nov. 14 - 15.
2. Student Bootcamps were completed on Oct. 28 at Linus Pauling and are scheduled for Nov. 13 at Cheldelin. Technology staff will visit designated classes so all students are given an iPad orientation.
3. The bandwidth upgrade between the District Office and LBL ESD is complete. Technology will continue to closely monitor traffic between all schools as well as this connection.
4. Testing of the global proxy has been completed by Apple, Technology, other designated District office staff and middle school building principals. The global proxy will apply the same basic CIPA-compliant filters rules to all student iPads regardless of school they attend when they connect to the Internet outside the District’s network.
5. The middle school iPads have been re-configured into supervise mode and the global proxy setting bundled into the device. Students will not be able to remove the global proxy and therefore will not be able to bypass the District’s Internet filter.
6. The District’s Instructional Technology Specialist attended an Apple Foundations training and has coordinated the 20 Apple Core teachers from the 1:World schools to support instructional strategy development within their building. He is meeting with these teachers and the teacher teams in their schools on a weekly basis.
7. On November (4th through 8th, 12th and 14th), teachers from the 1:World schools and classrooms and representatives from non-1:1 schools will attend an all-day iPad training. These trainings will focus on the SAMR Model, Pages, Keynote, Showbie, Research and the iPad Calendar. Oregon State faculty from the College of Education have been invited to participate in our trainings.
Due to recent changes to the State of Oregon’s revised statutes regarding Open Enrollment, the Corvallis School District is postponing its traditional student transfer process timeline. More information is needed to determine how the new bill will impact our current transfer process before communication can be made to families. At this time, the district is anticipating that the process will begin late winter/early spring for students of all grades.
As further information is available, it will be posted on the district’s website.
TRANSFERENCIAS DE ESTUDIANTES 2014-15
Debido a los cambios recientes en los estatutos revisados del Estado de Oregon sobre la matrícula abierta, el Distrito Escolar de Corvallis aplazará su tradicional fecha de procedimiento de transferencia de los estudiantes. Se necesita más información para determinar cómo la nueva ley tendrá un impacto en nuestro proceso de de transferencia actual antes de que sea comunicado a las familias. En este momento, el distrito anticipa que el proceso se iniciará a fines del invierno o principios de primavera para estudiantes de todos los grados.
A medida que haya más información disponible la pondremos en el sitio del distrito en la web.
"Superintendent’s Report 11-4-13 " - Friday, November 08, 2013
Learn how you can help support your local schools.