SLOT ALLOCATIONS & TUITION
· Students new to online learning must complete one online course successfully to be considered for additional courses.
· Students that wish to register for a course that is in excess of their allotted 7 credits must pay tuition. Tuition rates below are subject to change.
Corvallis Online courses - $225 per 0.5 credit
· Any registration the parent is paying for must be accompanied by a check payable to Corvallis School District; we do not bill.
· Home school (High School) students –
· Private school(High School) students -
ATTENDANCE & DROP/GRACE PERIOD
· Drops after three weeks will result in a grade of "F" as according to district policy.
· See Sheet 2 of the spreadsheet (located on the Shared drive) for the Slot Allocations.
(Requests for extension)
Corvallis Online courses
· Students have up to 9-weeks after receiving an incomplete (as per teacher discretion) to complete the credit and receive a grade.
· When the course is completed, the teacher submits the grade adjustment to Corvallis Online personnel. If a student does not complete within the extended time period, the incomplete grade is converted to an F.
Students and parents may review grade progress at any time by accessing their gradebook page in their Corvallis Online course. The final grades are collected by Corvallis Online personnel and sent to the school registrar and placed on the student's transcript. If there is a question or concern about a grade, please contact student support using the information below.
Progress grades may be collected by Corvallis Online personnel periodically, especially for students on IEPs, 504 plans, and those in danger of failing.
In-school Corvallis Online personnel provide students with an orientation to their course, help with completion and monitoring of the learning contract, directly supervise students for the first two weeks in the extended learning lab, help students with technology access problems, proctor online tests, and serve as a liaison between students, counselors, and instructors.
· Student progress will be monitored through access to the class gradebook by online support personnel and parent/guardian.
· Following the required 2-week attendance period, the student will check in with school contact personnel periodically as arranged in the online learning contract
. Before final grades are submitted,.it is the student's resposablity to review their submitted assignments and clear up any discrepancies with the teacher.
Textbooks are provided through each of the school’s bookroom for checkout by students. Contact student support below.
· Attendance - Kathleen Muravez (see Student Support below) is responsible for tracking attendance for all online students who are NOT at or above 7 credits (not counting their online classes). This is a huge task, but a necessary part of Alternative Education programs. This means noting whether a student exceeds 7 credits on the form is important and also an indicator to us that the parent (or the school) plans to pay for the course.
· Student support Kathleen Muravez: CVHS (757-5824), CHS (757-5893) or email@example.com
· Program questions – Rob Singleton (757-5714)
1555 S.W. 35th St., Corvallis, OR 97333