The Corvallis School Board is seeking applications for interim School Board member, position #6. The interim term runs January 16, 2020, through June 30, 2021. If an applicant desires to remain in position #6 beyond 6/30/21, they must file for election by the statutory deadline through the Benton County Elections Department. This is a public election; there is no guarantee that the interim appointee will be elected by the public. The board seeks greater diversity in its membership.
1. A resident of the District for at least one year as of January 16, 2020.
2. Qualified voter of the District.
3. Not an employee of the District.
4. Attend January 16, 2020, School Board meeting and participate in the selection process.
Applicants must submit a letter of interest with all of the following information
- Applicant’s name as it appears on the voter registration record.
- Applicant’s date of birth (for voter registration verification).
- Applicant’s home address.
- Applicant’s email address.
- Applicant’s telephone number.
- Reason applicant wants to serve on the board.
- Applicant’s qualifications for the position.
- Skills applicant would bring to the board.
- Names and telephone numbers for two personal references and one professional/business reference.
Answers to the following questions:
- Effective board members must engage in a variety of relationships; for example, with the superintendent, staff, other board members, parents, and the community. How do you perceive a board member’s relationship with each of these?
- Looking ahead to the end of your appointment in June 2021, what do you think will be the two most difficult issues facing the school district, and what would you do to address them?
- What is your definition of equity in the school district, and what would you do to improve equity in the district?
- Are you interested in the position only until the end of the interim term (June 30, 2021) or do you plan to run for the remaining two years of the term (through June 30, 2023)?
Application Submission Methods
Applications may be submitted in any of the following ways:
1. U.S. mail to Corvallis School Board, Attention: Julie Catala, PO Box 3509J, Corvallis, OR, 97339.
2. Hand delivery to Corvallis School Board, Attention: Julie Catala, 1555 SW 35th Street, Corvallis, OR, 97333.
3. Email attachment to Julie Catala at email@example.com.
Application Deadline – December 11, 2019, 5:00 pm
In order to be considered, applications must include all of the requested information and be received by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 11, 2019. Applicants bear sole responsibility for ensuring that their applications are complete and submitted on time.
Interviews, deliberation, and the vote will be conducted in a public meeting of the School Board on Thursday, January 16, 2020. Applicants are required to attend the January 16, 2020, School District Board of Directors meeting and participate in the selection process; failure to attend and/or participate will eliminate an applicant from further consideration.
For More Information: Contact Julie Catala at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541.757.5841.