What's Happening Now
- Todd’s team was able to place the new air handler units (3 pieces per unit) into the attic space. They come in sections to fit into the attic and then assemble inside the attic.
- Many of the classrooms have finished drywall and paint on them now. Insulators are insulating the ceiling spaces at this time.
- The boiler installation and piping is going very well. Progress in the boiler room is clean and professional looking.
- We have completed the underground boring for the new electrical service across 31st street and are awaiting PP&L to set the pole so the service work can continue.
- Todd Construction’s seismic upgrade work will continue once we start to remove roofing and we can complete those activities needing to occur from above.
- We have removed the old entrance canopy and are working toward installation of the new entry canopy. The new canopy will sit up on the existing roof in its final condition rather than a projection from the side of the building.
- Reroofing activities are schedule to start mid-April and continue into June.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the winter of 2022.
February, 2019: Initial site investigations
Initial site investigations are in progress, including topographical survey, hazardous material survey, geotechnical soil borings, and seismic evaluation.
Selection of Design Advisory Committee members will occur next quarter.
Bond program managers are currently working on design and permitting for repairs and renovations.
Bond Projects at Harding Center/College Hill
Safety & Security Improvements
- Replace fire suppression and monitoring systems
- Improve seismic safety
- Replace access control system
- Replace emergency communication systems
- Improve emergency lighting
Renovations & Repairs
- Improve ADA accessibility
- Refurbish, repair, and weatherize building exteriors and roofs
- Upgrade infrastructure: electrical, heating, and plumbing systems
- Upgrade selected interior finishes & renovate locker room
- Renovate existing restrooms
- Addition and renovation to cafeterias
Modern Educational Spaces
- Renovate and expand classroom space for STEM and CTE