Families requesting a school outside of their boundary area may apply for a transfer annually in the Spring.
Para este información en español, haga clic en el boton debajo.
Student Transfer Overview
Families have a variety of reasons for requesting a school transfer and in some cases, we may initiate a transfer to place students with specific educational needs at a school outside their neighborhood boundary school.
Mid-year transfers are discouraged but in some cases may be granted on a case-by-case basis beginning with building administrators. Parents/guardians may request a school transfer during the annual transfer window each Spring for the following school year. In most cases, unless specifically addressed in our policies, transportation to a school outside your boundary neighborhood is the responsibility of the family.
- If the number of students seeking a transfer exceeds the number of spaces available, an equitable lottery is used and a wait list is created.
- Families may choose just one school for their transfer request.
- A transfer approval is generally good through grades 5, 8, or 12. A new transfer request must be approved for a student to move from elementary to middle or middle to high school in a non-boundary school.
- Students approved into the Dual Immersion program may continue in that program through grade 12 without requesting a subsequent transfer.
- Transfer requests during the school year are reviewed on a case by case basis. Requests should be made at least ten days before the end of the grading period/semester.
- Parents/guardians of entering kindergarten students must first register at their neighborhood school before requesting a transfer to a different school.
- Transfer students must meet OSAA Transfer Rules in order to participate in OSAA athletics and activities.
- Families approved for a non-resident transfer must complete a Interdistrict Transfer Form from their home district before attending Corvallis schools.
Corvallis Resident Transfers
Each Spring, District staff review projected registration and kindergarten enrollments to determine which schools may be open to Corvallis residents. Openings are typically announced between March – April of each year for the following school year. Openings for the 2021-22 school year will be announced April 19, 2021. The transfer application will be made available here beginning on April 19 and will remain open through April 30. Notification letters will be sent the week of May 10.
Transferring into the Corvallis School District
Annually, the Corvallis School Board will approve non-resident spots. Openings for the 2021-22 school year will be announced May 6, 2021. The transfer application will be made available here beginning on May 10 and will remain open through May 21. Notification letters will be sent the week of May 24.
Transferring out of the Corvallis School District
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) requires that school district’s receive a release approval from the resident school district before accepting an incoming student transfer. Parents/guardians wishing to transfer their student to another school district must complete an Interdistrict Transfer Out Of 509J. Completed forms may be sent to email@example.com.