Transfer requests may be made through the district's online process for the following school year. Transfers requested during the school year will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and will begin with building administrators. Corvallis resident transfers will be open during March 1-31, 2019. Non-resident transfers will be open after April 15, 2019. Transfer requests for the following year made outside of the online application process may be added to open wait lists if available.
Student Transfer Overview
Families have a variety of reasons for requesting a school transfer and in some cases, we may initiate a transfer to place students with specific educational needs at a school outside their neighborhood boundary school.
Mid-year transfers are discouraged but in some cases may be granted. Parents may request a school transfer during the annual transfer window. In most cases, unless specifically addressed in our policies, transportation to a school outside your boundary neighborhood is the responsibility of the family. Review the Corvallis School District’s Transfer Policy and Procedures here.
- If the number of students seeking a transfer exceeds the number of spaces available, an equitable lottery is used and a wait list is created.
- Families may choose just one school for their transfer request.
- Transfer requests during the school year are reviewed on a case by case basis. Requests should be made at least ten days before the end of the grading period/semester.
- Parents of entering kindergarten students living within the Corvallis School District boundaries must first register at their neighborhood school by March 31 before requesting a transfer to a different school.
- Transfer students must meet OSAA Transfer Rules in order to participate in OSAA athletics and activities.
Transferring out of the Corvallis School District
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) requires that school district’s receive a release approval from the resident school district before accepting an incoming student transfer. Parents wishing to transfer their student to another school district must complete an Interdistrict Transfer Out Form.