Transfer requests may be made through the district's online process for the following school year. Transfers requested during the school year will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and will begin with building administrators. Corvallis resident transfers will be open between April 13 and May 1, 2020. Non-resident transfers are approved by the school board as space allows between May and September 2020.
Student Transfer Overview
Families have a variety of reasons for requesting a school transfer and in some cases, we may initiate a transfer to place students with specific educational needs at a school outside their neighborhood boundary school.
Mid-year transfers are discouraged but in some cases may be granted. Parents may request a school transfer during the annual transfer window. In most cases, unless specifically addressed in our policies, transportation to a school outside your boundary neighborhood is the responsibility of the family. Review the Corvallis School District’s Transfer Policy and Procedures here.
- If the number of students seeking a transfer exceeds the number of spaces available, an equitable lottery is used and a wait list is created.
- Families may choose just one school for their transfer request.
- Transfer requests during the school year are reviewed on a case by case basis. Requests should be made at least ten days before the end of the grading period/semester.
- Parents of entering kindergarten students living within the Corvallis School District boundaries must first register at their neighborhood school before requesting a transfer to a different school.
- Transfer students must meet OSAA Transfer Rules in order to participate in OSAA athletics and activities.
- Families approved for a non-resident transfer must complete a Inter-District Transfer Form from their home district before attending Corvallis schools.
Transferring out of the Corvallis School District
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) requires that school district’s receive a release approval from the resident school district before accepting an incoming student transfer. Parents wishing to transfer their student to another school district must complete an Interdistrict Transfer Out Form.