For families residing outside of the Corvallis School District boundary areas, transfers are approved by the school board as space allows between April and September. An online application process will follow any approved space declaration allowing non-resident families to apply for announced spots. If the number of students seeking a transfer exceeds the number of spaces available, an equitable lottery is used and a wait list is created.
Thursday, August 15, 2019, the Corvallis School Board voted to open additional nonresident spots at the following schools:
- Garfield Elementary School: 2 openings at grade K, 5 openings at grade 1, 5 openings at grade 2, 2 openings at grade 3, 4 openings at grade 4, 4 openings at grade 5
- Lincoln Elementary School: 4 openings at grade K
- Mt. View Elementary School: 2 openings at grade 2, 2 openings at grade 5
- Cheldelin Middle School: 5 openings per grade level
- Crescent Valley High School: 10 openings per grade level
The application window will be open from Friday, August 16 to Thursday, August 22. Families will only be able to apply for Board approved spots. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available spots, an equitable lottery system will be used with priority given to students with siblings already in attendance at the school of choice. Families will receive letters via email by Thursday, August 29 informing them of approval.