What's Happening Now
February, 2019: Initial site investigations and finalizing designs
Initial site investigations are underway, including topographical survey, hazardous material survey, geotechnical soil borings, seismic evaluation, and wetlands evaluation. Additionally, designs are being finalized for the field improvements and boiler replacement. Pivot Architecture is beginning work with the Site Team on initial planning and design. The Design Advisory Committee members and Site Team are being finalized.
Next quarter, Gerding Builders will receive subcontractor bids for the field improvements and boiler replacement. The boiler replacement will be completed summer 2019. Field improvements are scheduled to begin summer 2019 and to be completed in fall 2019.
Bond program managers are currently working on design and permitting for repairs and renovations.
Bond Projects at CVHS
Crescent Valley was built in 1971. Crescent Valley’s current enrollment is 1,018, with a current capacity of 1,547.
Safety & Security Improvements
- Enhance video surveillance system
- Improve seismic safety
- Increase power connections to generator circuit
- Replace access control system
- Replace emergency communication system
Renovations & Repairs
- Improve ADA accessibility
- Install elevator in gym building for ADA access
- Install a new artificial turf field
- Refurbish, repair, and weatherize building exterior
- Replace fire suppression system in kitchen
- Resurface bus drop-off/pick-up lane
- Resurface track
- Upgrade mechanical infrastructure including electrical, heating, and plumbing systems
Modernize Educational Spaces
- Expand covered outdoor learning area for career and technical education
- Renovate classroom spaces for career and technical education