This is a program for students between the ages of 18 to 21 who are eligible for special education and have not earned a high school standard diploma.
The program provides first-hand independent living and work experiences within the community according to the students’ individual needs. Students are presented with instruction related to pre-employment skills, work experiences, and life skills. As appropriate, functional academics is incorporated.
- This program serves students between the ages of 18 to 21 with mild to moderate disabilities.
- Through the Individual Educational Plan (IEP) process, appropriate learning opportunities are provided for individual student abilities and goals.
- Each student’s unique learning experiences encompass a sequence of activities that build knowledge in a particular vocational and/or functional academic area.
- Learning experiences expose students to all aspects of the work world and promote the development of broad transferable work and life skills.
- Real or simulated tasks or assignments are provided in the classroom and community which encourage students to develop higher order critical thinking skills.
About the Program
Registration is required for all students. Please follow the steps below to register for WINGS.
- After August 1, parents/guardians will receive an email from the Crescent Valley registrar with instructions to complete online registration. While WINGS is a separate program from the high school, online registration is part of our enrollment process.
The WINGS Transition Program schedule is 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, Monday-Friday. We follow the holidays and winter/spring break schedules on the Corvallis School District annual calendar.
Steps to Register for WINGS for the 2019-20 School Year
- Obtain a WINGS Registration Packet from the district office.
- Complete the registration form.
- Return the completed form to Angela Faulk, WINGS Transition Program, 4444 NW Highland Dr., Corvallis, OR 97330.
- WINGS will have an open house on Wednesday, September 4 from 10:00 am – 12 noon and 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Parents and guardians are invited to drop by with your student to see the rooms and meet our staff. Both sites, the Harding Center and Crescent Valley, will be open.
- The first day for WINGS students is Thursday, September 5, 2019.
A classroom wing at Crescent Valley High School, a cluster of classrooms in the D building, was renovated in 2018 and opened for students in the fall of 2018. In addition to the new location at CVHS, one WINGS classroom is located at the Harding Center.
- The WINGS program currently has 25 community partner work sites that students access throughout the day.
- The addition of the CVHS location added four spaces to the program including locations for quiet, physical therapy, a student lounge (designed to have a similar feeling as a college lounge), and a room for uninterrupted bed rest.
- This expansion also provided access to a cooking space outside of the classroom, and facilitates the operation of student-run businesses and the use of career and technical education classrooms.