All school board meetings, work sessions, and retreats are open to the public, but executive sessions are not open to the public. Times and locations are subject to change. Extra meetings are sometimes scheduled and types of meetings sometimes change. Current meeting announcements and agendas are posted on this website and official notice is posted at the school district administrative offices. Notice is also sent to the Benton County Courthouse and the Corvallis Gazette-Times newspaper.
- The Corvallis School Board values the opinions and input of community members.
- Public comment is typically taken during the board’s business meetings and generally limited to three minutes per individual. You may verify that public comment will be accepted at a meeting if it is on the meeting agenda.
- Comments may also be made via email or U.S. mail.
Public comment may include suggestions and objective criticism of operations or programs but the board will not hear complaints concerning individual personnel. Board policy KL and administrative regulation KL-AR provide information about such complaints and are available online. Copies are also available during meetings at which public comment is accepted.
Board meeting agendas and materials from meetings prior to April 2012 are available by request through the board secretary.
2017-18 Meeting Schedule (times and location varies, please refer to agenda for details)
July 10, 2017 – Special Meeting
July 17, 2017 – Special Meeting
August 17, 2017 – Special Meeting
August 22, 2017 – Retreat
September 14, 2017 – Business Meeting
September 28, 2017 – Work Session
October 12, 2017 – Business Meeting
October 26, 2017 – Work Session
November 16, 2017 – Business Meeting
November 30, 2017 – Work Session – School Improvement Plans
December 7, 2017 – Business Meeting
December 14, 2017 – Work Session – School Improvement Plans
December 18, 2017 – Work Session
January 11, 2018 – Business Meeting
January 18, 2018 – Special Meeting
February 1, 2018 – Business Meeting
February 2, 2018 – Work Session
February 15, 2018 – Work Session
March 1, 2018 – Business Meeting
March 8, 2018 – Special Meeting
March 15, 2018 – Work Session
April 12, 2018 – Business Meeting
April 21, 2018 – Board Governance and Equity Training
April 26, 2018 – Work Session
May 3, 2018 – Budget Committee Meeting
May 10, 2018 – Business Meeting
May 17, 2018 – Budget Committee Meeting
May 31, 2018 – Budget Committee Meeting
June 21, 2018 – Business Meeting
Upcoming Board Meeting Topics
Please check the board agenda for assigned meeting dates for these topics.
- Review board goals and data, and establish goal targets
- Adopt 2017-22 board goals
- Board self-evaluation
- Budget committee meetings
- Community listening session re: 2017-22 board goals and strategies
- Adopt 2018-19 budget
- Reports regarding students on track to graduate
- 2018-19 board meeting schedule
- Superintendent’s evaluation
- YES House Alternative Education Program Evaluation
Summer and Fall 2018
- Board retreat
- Leadership Team retreat report
- New student representatives to the board
- Student academic achievement report
- Enrollment report
- By The Numbers annual report