The Corvallis School Board values the opinions and input of students, staff, parents, and the community. Comments may be provided during certain meetings and/or via written correspondence, as outlined below.
Opt-in to the School Board Announcements email list
Send an email to Lindsey Kang.
Contact a member of the School Board by telephone
Please visit the Meet the School Board page for individual phone numbers.
Public Comment at School Board Meetings
This option is available when Public Comment is an item on the agenda. To offer comments:
- Complete all of the requested information on a “Comment Request” card, which can be found on a table near the entrance to the meeting room, and give it to the Board Secretary at the head table before the meeting begins. Your testimony may be delayed until all of the information is provided.
- When you provide public comment, your name, address, and comments are matters of public record; however, students and staff do not need to provide their addresses.
- Keep your comments within the specified time allotted, usually three minutes, to allow time for others to comment. Please be respectful of those who wish to provide comments after you.
- Direct your comments to the School Board. The Board Chair will refer questions or requests for action to staff for response at a later date.
- If you read from a prepared statement, you may choose to leave your written comments with the Board Secretary to post online with the informational packet of the meeting and to file with the official minutes of the meeting. Handouts are not required but should you wish to provide them, please bring 13 copies and give them to the Board Secretary to distribute.
- Speakers may offer objective criticism of District operations and programs but the Board will not hear complaints concerning individual District personnel.
> Complaints shall be handled following the steps outlined in Board Policy KL and Administrative Regulation KL-AR, copies of which are available at meetings and online at http://policy.osba.org/corvall/KL/index.asp.
> Complaints regarding budget, programs, or other District issues also should be handled by first following the steps outlined in policy KL.
- Undue interruption or other interference with the orderly conduct of Board business cannot be allowed.> Defamatory or abusive remarks are always out of order.> The Board Chair may terminate a speaker’s privilege of address if, after being called to order, the speaker persists in improper conduct or remarks.
Letters, emails and other written materials submitted to the School Board are considered public record. They may be submitted via U.S. mail to: Corvallis School Board, 1555 SW 35th Street, Corvallis, OR 97333.
Emails may be sent to: email@example.com, and will reach all Board members as a group. Others who also will receive emails sent to this address: Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources Director, Finance and Operations Director, and Executive Assistant to the Superintendent and Board of Directors (also known as the Board Secretary).