Our vision: We are committed to equitable access to an inclusive and rigorous learning experience and outcome that honors each student’s race, culture, socioeconomic status, language, ability, gender and sexual orientation, resulting in engaged citizens and leaders of the future. Our equity work began in 2013 with training for leadership staff. Now in our third year, we continue to build capacity in this work through staff training and work groups at each school.
Our Core Beliefs
- We must actively work to address inequities that persist in our educational system, including fostering inclusive and equitable access.
- Everyone brings intrinsic value and benefits when individuals are acknowledged, understood, and treated respectfully and equitably.
- Better decisions emerge when diverse perspectives are intentionally included in a collaborative process.
- Trust is essential to strengthening relationships and to achieving our mission.
Our Guiding Principles
The four pillars of our equity work include keeping students at the center, equity-based leadership, equity-driven practices, and family engagement and empowerment.
- We will align strategic priorities, resources, and staffing allocations to achieve equitable outcomes.
- We will leverage and support the leadership talents of our staff and the assets of our system to achieve our vision.
- We will implement culturally relevant teaching and learning practices to provide an inclusive and rigorous learning environment for all students.
- We will engage families and community as partners to inform our work towards achieving our mission and core beliefs.