What's Happening Now
January, 2020: Design Work Begins
Architects for the Lincoln Projects will begin work with the Design Advisory Committee in January. The committee will meet at critical points in the design process and may meet as often as one time per month. Meetings will be open to the public to observe.
November, 2018: Design Advisory Committee
The Design Advisory Committee has been selected. Members include Sonya Bacheller, Patricia Cabeza, Aliesje King, Thom King, Aaron Lesan, Denna Melton, Araceli Mendez, Dana Monroe, Alison Ocampo Maria Rosas, Shahnaz Sahnow, De Nyago Tafen, Cecelia Tellez, Rebecka Weinsteiger, Julie Wilborn, Principal Hale, and a representative from district staff.
This committee will ensure that the values of the school community are represented in the design and that the school community will be kept informed throughout the design and construction process.
Bond Projects at Lincoln
Lincoln Elementary was built in 1949. Garfield’s current enrollment is 387, with its capacity at 489. The projected new capacity is 446.
Replace School on Current Property
Lincoln’s current capacity is 489. The projected new capacity is 446.
- Construct on the southeast corner of the current property
- Students would continue to attend Lincoln Elementary during construction
- Public tennis courts would remain at the current location
- Lincoln Health Clinic will continue to be located on the school campus
- Design process would begin immediately and include collaboration with community and staff
Safety & Security Improvements
- New emergency communications system
- Built to current seismic safety codes
- Well-designed parking and site circulation
- Sustainable design
- Maximize daylighting
- Install energy efficient building systems
Modern Educational Spaces
- Learning spaces for small group, collaboration, and project based learning
- Outdoor learning including school garden and outdoor play areas
- Separate multi-purpose dining commons and gymnasium
- Planned spaces for student support services
Coming in Spring 2020!