What's Happening Now
February, 2019: Building walk-through and investigation
A building walk-through is in progress to observe existing conditions. An investigation of the existing building and surroundings is also underway. Seismic upgrade design work is in progress.
Hazardous material sampling and testing will occur next quarter.
December 2018: Site walk-through completed
Site walk-through by the project team and structural engineers.
October 15, 2018: Seismic Design & Permitting
Bond program managers are currently working on design and permitting for seismic projects to be completed at Wilson Elementary this summer.
Bond Projects at Wilson
Wilson Elementary was built in 1962. Wilson’s current enrollment is 424, with a current capacity of 425. The projected new capacity is 489.
Safety & Security Improvements
- Enhance emergency communication systems
- Improve emergency lighting
Wilson’s current capacity is 425. The projected new capacity is 489.
- Add three permanent classrooms
- Renovate existing classroom space for student support services
Renovations & Repairs
- Improve ADA accessibility
- Install energy efficient lighting
- Replace covered play shelter
- Upgrade mechanical infrastructure including electrical, heating, and plumbing systems
- Upgrade finishes in hallways and shared spaces including floors, paint, and ceilings
Modern Educational Spaces
- Create collaborative/small group learning areas
- Create dedicated PE space by adding multi-use cafeteria