The Corvallis School Board acknowledged two (2) vacancies on its 2018 Budget Committee at its regularly scheduled meeting on September 13, 2018.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a brief resume and a letter of interest including a signed statement that the applicant is able and willing to serve as a member of the budget committee and to adhere to the policies of the district by noon on Tuesday, October 16, 2018, to Jennifer.Schroeder@corvallis.k12.or.us, or to Corvallis School District Finance and Operations, attn: Jennifer Schroeder, PO Box 3509J, Corvallis, OR 97339.
The Budget Committee has 14 members: seven elected school board members and seven citizens appointed to three-year terms by the board. The citizen members are appointed by open vote of the School Board as openings occur. The Budget Committee meets approximately 2 to 3 times, primarily in late Spring (April to June), at evening meetings to approve the following year’s budget. Citizen members are encouraged to attend certain board meetings during the year when staff will update the Board on matters relating to the budget.
The recruitment schedule for these open seats is as follows:
- September 13, 2018 School Board Meeting – publicly identify vacant committee positions and approve recruitment calendar
- October 16, 2018 – application deadline
- October 17-23, 2018 – finance workgroup reviews applications
- October 24, 2018 – finance director recommends appointments
- November 1, 2018 School Board Meeting – appoint members
Questions may be directed to Jennifer Schroeder, Assistant to the Director of Finance and Operations at 541-757-5874.