In collaboration with Benton County Health Services, Samaritan Health Services, Casa Latinos Unidos, and InterCommunity Health Network Coordinated Care Organization, the Corvallis School District is hosting the third annual Back-to-School Health & Resource Fair on Friday, August 25, 2023, from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. This free event is at Linus Pauling Middle School, located at 1111 NW Cleveland Ave. in Corvallis, and is open to anyone in the community.
This event will provide free resources and services, and food will be available. Available services include:
- Operation School Bell (clothing & hygiene kits)
- Dental, vision, & hearing screenings
- Sports physicals
- Kids vaccines, including COVID-19
- Backpacks for kids
- Community resources & booths
- Cultural events (music, dance, art)
The district is providing a free transportation shuttle to and from the event. Pick up and drop off are available from the following locations in Corvallis:
- Lincoln Elementary, 110 SE Alexander Ave
- Witham Hill Oaks Apartments, 4275 NW Clubhouse Place
- Adair Village Community Center, 6030 NE William R Carr Ave
These shuttle routes will run approximately every hour.
“Providing these much-needed health resources ensures students are ready to start the 2023-24 school year,” said Assistant Superintendent Melissa Harder. “This collaborative effort with our community partners allows us to provide these resources free of charge and in a fun and engaging way for the whole family.”
For more information on the event, call 541-207-8099 or email Viviana.Gonzalez@co.benton.or.us