At their Thursday, August 15, 2019, school board meeting, the Corvallis School Board voted to offer additional non-resident openings at the following schools:
- Garfield Elementary School: 2 openings at grade K, 5 openings at grade 1, 5 openings at grade 2, 2 openings at grade 3, 4 openings at grade 4, 4 openings at grade 5
- Lincoln Elementary School: 4 openings at grade K
- Mt. View Elementary School: 2 openings at grade 2, 2 openings at grade 5
- Cheldelin Middle School: 5 openings per grade level
- Crescent Valley High School: 10 openings per grade level
The application window will be open from Friday, August 16 to Thursday, August 22. Families will only be able to apply for Board approved spots. If the number of applications exceeds the number of available openings. An equitable lottery system will be used with priority given to students with siblings already in attendance at the school of choice. Families will receive letters via email by Thursday, August 29 informing them of approval.