Elementary School Seismic Upgrades
Adams, Jefferson, and Wilson Elementary Schools will be closed from June 21 through August 26. The projects will strengthen the roof walls and foundation to meet seismic requirements.
- Temporary offices will be located near the school buildings and open for limited summer hours.
- Summer office hours begin August 5.
The building projects began last winter with site walk-throughs by the design team. This investigation allows the team to identify what’s there versus what was expected. Based on this work, the design team completed a seismic calculation to determine where walls might move in the event of an earthquake, taking into account masonry, wood, and glazing. All materials come into play in this analysis. Select walls will be strengthened based on a 3D engineering program that calculates which wall will need the upgrades.
Middle and High School Track Resurfacing and CVHS Artificial Turf Installation
Crescent Valley High School will have an artificial turf field installed and track resurfaced and will be closed to the public for construction.
- The CVHS track and infield will be closed to the public from June 21 through November 15.
- Athletic practices and games will be relocated to other sites for the fall season.
Tracks at all other secondary schools will be resurfaced and will be closed to the public for construction this summer.
- Cheldelin track and infield will be closed June 21 through August 30.
- Linus Pauling track and infield will be closed June 21 through August 30. LPMS fields to the south and north of the track will be open for use.
- Corvallis HS track will be closed July 16 through August 3.
Questions about summer facilities closures may be directed to the Facilities and Transportation office at 541-757-5877.