What's Happening Now
Work accomplished over spring break:
- We installed 99% of the chair rail at the main hallway down to the library (just a few sections were too short).
- Installed additional tack board in the main hallway as far as we could go with the time we had. Unfortunately, this work went much slower than anticipated. We focused on adding the new rather than replacing the old so more of the school had usable tackable materials.
- We replaced the 300 sf of kitchen area roof completing our new roof efforts leaving only a couple of detail items to resolve.
- All HDMI extenders were installed throughout the school (parts finally arrived).
- Acoustical sound panels, FRL, 3 new basketball hoops and wood base were installed in the gym.
- The sliding transaction window into the office manager’s space was installed.
- We installed both new fans in the old temporary office flex room.
- We were able to chip away at some interior repaint, repair of finishes and a sizable amount of exterior paint and blue trim work.
- The temporary heat source that was blowing through the science window was removed, as well as the heating unit and propane tank outside. Bike racks to be installed in this location.
- All missing glass pieces were installed, including the desired restroom mirrors.
- We replaced the six unit ventilators in the north elementary wing.
- Hallway TV mount should happen behind the scenes shortly.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2022.
February, 2019: Building walk-through and investigation
A building walk-through is in progress for the design team. An investigation of the existing building and surroundings is also underway.
Hazardous material sampling and testing will occur next quarter.
Bond Projects at Franklin
Safety & Security Improvements
- Improve emergency and exterior lighting
- Improve seismic safety
- Repair sidewalks
- Replace emergency communication systems
- Secure front entry and office modifications
Renovations & Repairs
- Improve ADA accessibility
- Install energy efficient lighting
- Renovate restrooms
- Replace exterior windows
- Replace flagpole
- Replace kitchen flooring
- Replace roof
- Upgrade finishes in hallways and shared spaces including floors, paint, and ceilings
- Upgrade mechanical infrastructure including electrical, heating, and plumbing systems
Modernize Educational Spaces
- Create collaborative/small group learning areas
- Renovate two classrooms to support middle school science instruction