What's Happening Now
As of March 2020, there are no new updates.
Construction is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2022.
February, 2019: Building walk-through and investigation
A building walk-through is in progress for the design team. An investigation of the existing building and surroundings is also underway.
Hazardous material sampling and testing will occur next quarter.
Bond Projects at Franklin
Safety & Security Improvements
- Improve emergency and exterior lighting
- Improve seismic safety
- Repair sidewalks
- Replace emergency communication systems
- Secure front entry and office modifications
Renovations & Repairs
- Improve ADA accessibility
- Install energy efficient lighting
- Renovate restrooms
- Replace exterior windows
- Replace flagpole
- Replace kitchen flooring
- Replace roof
- Upgrade finishes in hallways and shared spaces including floors, paint, and ceilings
- Upgrade mechanical infrastructure including electrical, heating, and plumbing systems
Modernize Educational Spaces
- Create collaborative/small group learning areas
- Renovate two classrooms to support middle school science instruction