The Corvallis School District is a member of the Oregon School Activities Association (OSAA) and our high schools participate in the 5A-2 Mid-Willamette Conference. OSAA provides standardized rules of eligibility and competition and provides leadership and state coordination for interscholastic activities which enrich the educational experiences of high school students.
Forms and Training Requirements
Apply for a Coaching Position
Submit a Background Check
A background check is required for Non-Regular District Employee Coaches before they can begin coaching. The background check will be valid for two school years.
Complete the Required Safety Training
- Training is available online. To log into the Safe School Training website, enter your firstname.lastname (example: joe.smith).
- A Coach’s Handbook may be viewed online and must be signed electronically through SafeSchools each year.
- All district employees are required to complete annual public education safety trainings as required by Oregon law.
- Coaches must have a current First Aid and CPR card on file. Coaches may also be required to complete additional medical training if the students you are coaching require it (such as, but not limited to, epinephrine, non-injectable medications, and glucagon). Please contact the Athletic Secretary to determine required medical training and to find out about training opportunities provided by the district.
Complete the Required Coaching Training (for High School Coaches)
National Federation of High School Associations (NFHS)
- Fundamentals of Coaching – To be completed one time.
- Concussion Mangement – To be completed annually
- Heat Acclimation Course – To be completed every other year
Oregon Department of Education (ODE)
Anabolic Steroids & Performance-enhancing Substances training Please print out completion page and send to HR. To be completed ever 4 years.
Links for Required Forms and Training
The links below are for required documents and training for all athletic coaches.