Welcome to Corvallis public schools! We serve approximately 6,600 students in 13 schools. The following steps will help you navigate the process to register your child for enrollment.
Estamos ofreciendo una opción a través de Google Translate que traduce a diferentes lenguajes los contenidos de nuestra nueva página internet del Distrito Escolar. También sabemos que Google Translate tiene sus limitaciones. Agradecemos su paciencia mientras desarrollamos páginas escritas específicamente para nuestras familias que hablan español. Si tuviera preguntas sobre la información en nuestra página internet, por favor contacte a la oficina de su escuela para recibir ayuda.
Your child is eligible for kindergarten if she/he is five years old on or before September 1 of the enrolling school year.
Step 1 Documents
Please plan to bring the following documents when registering your child.
- Birth certificate or passport for students entering kindergarten or new to our district.
- Immunization records
- IEP and current evaluation (if your child is in special education) OR a 504 plan OR Individual Health Plan (if your child has one.)
- Proof of address (for example driver’s license, utility bill or rental agreement)
State law requires that a student reside within school district boundaries and be able to prove residency or have been approved for an inter-district transfer in order to enroll in school. If you are unable to provide any of the above documents, please talk to school staff for assistance.
Step 2 Registration Forms
Required forms will be available online in 2017. The following required forms are available in your neighborhood school office:
- Student Registration Form
- Certificate of Immunization Status
- Confidential School Nurse Information
- Medication Authorization Form (if applicable)
- Medical History and Exam for High School Athletics (if applicable)
- Tdap and Varicella Vaccination Form (Middle and High School only)
Step 3 Neighborhood School
All documents and forms should be taken to your neighborhood school to complete the registration process. School offices are closed during the month of July and open in August on a summer schedule. Please call your neighborhood school for current hours.
Not sure which is your neighborhood school? An interactive school boundary map is available to help families determine school boundaries for all elementary, middle and high schools. This service is provided by the Oregon Department of Human Services and the Oregon Health Authority. This tool allows you to enter your home address in the search box (located in the upper right side of the web page.) If you have questions about school boundaries, please call 541-757-5811.
Our district monitors school enrollment and reserves the right to alter boundary areas should the need arise.
Schools of choice include Franklin K-8 and Dual Language Immersion at Garfield and Lincoln Elementary Schools.
- Franklin is a non-neighborhood boundary school with a diverse student population. You must first register your child in your neighborhood boundary school before submitting a transfer request to Franklin. Visit the school website for more information about educational programs at the school.
- Garfield and Lincoln are neighborhood boundary schools offering dual language immersion in grades K-5. Learn more about dual language immersion here.