Back to School

Welcome to the 2021-22 School Year! Our welcoming school communities are a hub of learning and activity. If you have additional questions, please contact your student's school office.

Frequently Asked Questions

COVID-19 Health and Safety

While COVID-19 vaccinations are not required, getting vaccinated is one of the most critical strategies for preventing the spread of the virus. We know that not everyone is able to get vaccinated and our district will focus on a number of COVID prevention strategies this fall. Working closely with public health officials and following CDC and ODE/OHA guidance, we will continue to focus on the following health and safety practices:

  • When sick, stay home. A health screening will be required for all staff and students each school day.
  • Wear a mask. Consistent and proper fitting masks are required for all individuals age 5 and older. This includes those who are vaccinated.
  • Wash your hands
  • Watch your distance

New Student Enrollment and Registration
Parents may enroll at their boundary area school at any time during regular office hours before school begins in the fall and at any time during the school year. Parents are asked to bring proof of their child’s age and address and a record of their immunizations. School offices are closed during the month of July and open for summer hours in August. Please visit the Student Enrollment page for details about getting started in Corvallis schools.

School Start Times (vary depending on grade level, please check with your school)

Grades K-5 8:05 am – 2:30 pm (Early release on Fridays at 1:30 pm)
Franklin K-5 8:00 am – 2:30 pm (Early release on Fridays at 1:30 pm)

Grades 6-8 9:00 am – 3:40 pm (Early release on Fridays 2:40 pm)
Franklin 6-8 8:00 am – 2:40 pm (Early release on Fridays at 1:40 pm)

Grades 9-12 8:00 am – 3:05 pm

School Boundaries
Enrollment is determined by your neighborhood boundary area. If your student is not yet registered for school, please review the Corvallis School District’s school boundary area maps and input your street address in the top right search bar to find the correct school. You may also call the district administration office for assistance. School registration takes place in person, at your child’s school.

School Meals
Locally prepared healthy meals (breakfast and lunch) are served every day at school. Monthly menus and information about costs are available on the Food and Nutrition Services page. For the 2021-22 school year, school breakfast and lunch will be provided free of charge to ALL students, regardless of income. Students must take a complete breakfast and lunch. Meal items less than the required complete meal are considered ala-carte and are available for $0.60. Families can deposit funds online to their student’s school meal account here:

School Supplies
Students are NOT required to purchase supplies for school. All general classroom supplies (e.g. pencils, paper, glue, crayons) have been funded by our district and purchased in bulk. You can visit school websites for streamlined, personal supply lists.

School Transfer Requests
Please visit our Student Transfer page for more information regarding school transfers.

Bus information is available on the school district’s Bus Routes page and also will be posted at each school. In order for your child to ride the bus, registration is required.

High School Athletics
Student-athletes must first be cleared for participation by turning in a signed emergency information card and a code of conduct form. Forms may be downloaded from the athletics section of each school’s website.

  • Athletic fees are $150 per student. The first and second OSAA sports fees are $150 each; a third sport costs $100.
  • All freshmen, juniors, and new students need a physical exam prior to beginning practice. Contact individual schools for sports physicals at each school.

For more details about high school athletics, visit each school’s Athletics Department web page.