Families requesting a school outside of their boundary area may apply for a transfer annually in the Spring.
2023-24 Non-resident Transfer Window is CLOSED
The non-resident transfer window for the 2023-24 school year is now CLOSED. Families will be notified about the status of their transfer starting Monday, May 22.
Non-resident Spots Available in Elementary Schools
|Bessie Coleman||2||2||0||0||0||2||Open as space allows|
|Garfield||8||3||3||0||0||0||Open as space allows (Placement test for grades 2-5)|
|Kathryn Jones Harrison||10||0||5||0||0||0||Siblings only|
|Letitia Carson||5||0||0||0||0||0||Siblings only|
|Lincoln||5||0||0||0||0||0||Open as space allows (Placement test for grades 2-5)|
|Mt. View||5||5||0||5||5||2||Open as space allows|
Non-resident Spots Available in Middle Schools and High Schools
|Cheldelin Middle||10||0||5||--||--||--||--||Open as space allows|
|Linus Pauling Middle||5||5||5||--||--||--||--||Siblings only|
|Corvallis High||--||--||--||5||5||5||5||Siblings only|
|Crescent Valley High||--||--||--||10||10||10||10||Open as space allows|
Transferring for the 2023-24 school year
The following dates are families wishing to apply for a transfer for the 2023-24 school year:
- For Corvallis residents, the transfer window was April 3-16. The resident transfer window for the 2023-24 school year closed on April 16, 2023. Families were notified about their transfer the week of Monday, April 24.
- For non-residents, the transfer window was May 1-14.
Student Transfer Overview
Families have a variety of reasons for requesting a school transfer, and in some cases, we may initiate a placement to allow a student with specific educational needs to attend a school outside their neighborhood boundary school.
Mid-year transfers are highly discouraged and are handled on a case-by-case basis. If you are looking to transfer your student outside the proper window, we recommend you contact your current school administrators.
Parents/guardians may request a school transfer during the annual transfer window each Spring for the next school year. In most cases, unless specifically addressed in our policies, transportation to a school outside your boundary neighborhood is the responsibility of the family.
Rules of Transfer
- If the number of students seeking a transfer exceeds the number of spaces available, an equitable lottery is used and a wait list is created.
- Waitlists will be monitored through the 1st semester and should any spot open, families will be notified. After the 1st semester, those waitlists will be deleted.
- Corvallis families may only choose one school for their transfer request.
- Non-residents have the option of “any school in the district,” if they are hoping for a spot in the district and aren’t looking for one school in particular.
- A transfer approval is good through grades 5, 8, or 12.
- A new transfer request must be approved for a student to move from elementary to middle or middle to high school in a non-boundary school.
- Students approved into the Dual Immersion program may continue in that program through grade 12 without requesting another transfer.
- Parents/guardians of entering kindergarten students must first register at their neighborhood school before requesting a transfer to a different school.
- Transfer students must meet OSAA Transfer Rules in order to participate in OSAA athletics and activities.
- Families approved for a non-resident transfer must complete an Interdistrict Transfer Form from their home district before attending Corvallis schools.
Corvallis Resident Transfers
Early each Spring, District staff review projected registration and kindergarten enrollments to determine which schools may be open to Corvallis residents. Openings are announced in late March and will be posted below when available.
Transferring out of the Corvallis School District
The Oregon Department of Education (ODE) requires that school districts receive a release approval from the resident school district before accepting an incoming student transfer. Parents/guardians wishing to transfer their student to another school district must complete an Interdistrict Transfer Out Of 509J. Completed forms may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.