Located at the Harding Center, the CIMC serves as an educational hub that provides resources and district level support to all schools in the district with a collection of more than 2,000 titles of multi-media materials including book sets, DVDs, models, and kits.
CIMC Hours and Resources Available
Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm (closed daily for lunch 12 pm – 1 pm)
- The collection also includes curriculum for grades K-5 science, geography, and literature, as well as social studies curriculum for the primary grades.
- Supplementary math kits and literature circle sets of books are also available.
- Teachers can search the CIMC database from their school library site by checking the CIMC Media box. (see Booking Instructions for Staff)
- Search the CIMC database
CIMC services also include a self-serve staff production center. Equipment includes paper cutters, a report binding machine, and more than 400 die shapes including seasonal themes, bulletin board borders,bookmarks, finger puppets,pattern block multiples, and geography.
- Please bring your own paper for the die-cuts.
- No one under the age of 18 years old is allowed in the die-cut area per district policy as of 10/1/2016.
- Die-cuts available (Printer-friendly list)
Hands on Science and Engineering Kits (Grades K-5)
Contact the CIMC with your request for science kits. Kits will be ordered for you and will arrive at your school according to the district's master schedule. Grade level PLC groups will have the same kit at the same time to facilitate educational planning. Everyone will be provided with their own kit.
Health Education Kits (Grades K-5) - in addition to The Great Body Shop
Health kits include a wide range of subjects, from personal hygiene to school and fire safety lessons.
Social Studies Kits (Grades K-2)
Social studies kits are available for primary grades only. Teachers can book the following resources online.