What's Happening Now
February, 2019: Site tours and finalizing investigation process
Site tours by the design team are in progress. Additionally, we are finalizing the design engineer’s investigation process with documentation. Seismic upgrade design work is also in progress.
Activities scheduled for next quarter include hazardous material sampling and testing and continued pre-design.
December 2018: Site walk-throughs completed
Site walk-through by the project team and structural engineers.
October 15, 2018: Seismic Design & Permitting
Bond program managers are currently working on design and permitting for seismic projects to be completed at Jefferson Elementary this summer.
Bond Projects at Jefferson
Jefferson Elementary was built in 1960. Jefferson’s current enrollment is 351, with a current capacity of 383. The projected new capacity is 468.
Safety & Security Improvements
- Improve seismic safety
- Replace emergency communication systems
- Secure front entry and office modifications
- Improve emergency lighting
- Improve sidewalk & site circulation
Jefferson’s current capacity is 383. The projected new capacity is 468.
- Add three permanent classrooms, remove portable classrooms
- Renovate classrooms for student support services
- Upgrade mechanical infrastructure
- Upgrade finishes in hallways and shared spaces including floors, paint, and ceilings
- Improve ADA accessibility
- Install energy efficient lighting
- Replace covered play shelter
Modern Educational Spaces
- Create collaborative/small group learning areas
- Create dedicated PE space by adding multi-use cafeteria