What's Happening Now
February, 2019: Design process
A civil engineer has toured the site. Design is in progress and first Core Team meetings are underway.
Activities scheduled for next quarter include City of Corvallis land use and permitting meetings, as well as site observation for wetlands on the site.
January, 2019: Hoover Design Advisory Committee
The design advisory committee will begin meeting in January. Committee members include Michael Baker, Peter Banwarth, Svetlana Dascaliuc, Brian Haley, Marcy Hermens, Victor Hsu, Cara Miller, Melissa Miller, Kari Morrow, Stephanie Raleigh, Amy Sampson, Yan Wang, principal Anna Marie Gosser, and a representative from district staff.
This committee will ensure that the values of the school community are represented in the design process.
November & December: Architect Review and Site Surveying
Pre-design work at Hoover is taking place including a site walk-through by the architect team. The site is also being surveyed as part of the pre-design process.
November 5, 2018: Design Advisory Committees
Site-based committees for Hoover Elementary will be announced and meetings with the architects will begin soon after. These committees will serve as advisors to the design professionals and will continue at least through the life of the project at Hoover.
Bond Projects at Hoover
Hoover Elementary was built in 1968. Hoover’s current enrollment is 391, with its capacity at 404.
Replace School on Current Property
- Construct on the east side of the current property
- Students will continue to attend Hoover Elementary during construction
Safety & Security Improvements
- New emergency communications system
- Built to current seismic safety codes
- Well-designed parking and site circulation
- Sustainable design
- Maximize daylighting
- Install energy efficient building systems
Modern Educational Spaces
- Learning spaces for small group, collaboration, and project based learning
- Outdoor learning including school garden and outdoor play areas
- Separate multi-purpose dining commons and gymnasium
Coming in Summer 2020!