What's Happening Now
November 30: Deadline to Submit Application for Design Advisory Committee
These committees will serve as advisors to the design professionals and will continue at least through the life of the project at Hoover
November 5, 2018: Design Advisory Committees
Site-based committees for Hoover Elementary will be announced and meetings with the architects will begin soon after. These committees will serve as advisors to the design professionals and will continue at least through the life of the project at Hoover.
Bond Projects at Hoover
Hoover Elementary was built in 1968. Hoover’s current enrollment is 391, with its capacity at 404. The projected new capacity is 446.
Replace School on Current Property
Hoover’s current capacity is 404. The projected new capacity is 446.
- Construct on the east side of the current property
- Students will continue to attend Hoover Elementary during construction
Safety & Security Improvements
- New emergency communications system
- Built to current seismic safety codes
- Well-designed parking and site circulation
- Sustainable design
- Maximize daylighting
- Install energy efficient building systems
Modern Educational Spaces
- Learning spaces for small group, collaboration, and project based learning
- Outdoor learning including school garden and outdoor play areas
- Separate multi-purpose dining commons and gymnasium
Coming in Summer 2020!