What's Happening Now
February, 2019: Softball field design progress and more
Designs for the softball field improvement are almost finished. Procurement activities are also in progress for the Taylor Field light replacement and track resurfacing. Pivot Architecture is finalizing their report on initial CTE planning. Initial project investigation is underway, including a topographical survey and geotechnical soil borings.
Softball improvements will be issued for subcontractor bidding through CMGC Gerding Builders in early June. Additionally, softball improvements and Taylor Field light replacements require a modification to the Conditional Development Permit. The process will culminate with a planning commission hearing and approval in early June. Taylor Field light replacements and track resurfacing is being procured through cooperative purchasing agreements.
Bond program managers are currently working on design and permitting for repairs and renovations.
Bond Projects at CHS
Corvallis High was built in 2005. Corvallis High’s current enrollment is 1,237, with a current capacity of 1,714.
Safety & Security Improvements
- Enhance video surveillance system
- Replace field lighting at Taylor Field
- Increase restroom connections to emergency generator, toilets, and faucets
Renovations & Repairs
- Install ADA door openers
- Install covered walkway to applied technology building
- Improve softball facilities, including restroom and concessions
- Replace hallway carpet
- Replace artificial turf field
- Replace roof on the main building
- Resurface track
Modernize Educational Spaces
- Expand covered outdoor learning area for career and technical education
- Renovate classroom spaces for career and technical education
- Replace mechanical venting and roof system on greenhouse