What's Happening Now
February, 2019: Site tours and finalizing investigation process
Site tours by the design team are in progress. Additionally, Wenaha Group is finalizing the design engineer’s investigation process with documentation and on-site exploration. Hazardous material sampling and testing has been completed and results are being processed. Seismic upgrade design work is also in progress.
Activities scheduled for next quarter include an investigation regarding possible underground fuel oil tank and continued pre-design.
December 2018: Site walk-throughs completed
Site walk-through by the project team and structural engineers.
October 15, 2018: Seismic Design & Permitting
Bond program managers are currently working on design and permitting for seismic projects to be completed at Adams Elementary this summer.
Bond Projects at Adams
Adams Elementary was built in 1962. Adams’ current enrollment is 443, with its capacity at 489. The projected new capacity is 531.
Safety & Security Improvements
- Improve seismic safety
- Replace emergency communication systems
- Secure front entry and office modifications
- Improve emergency lighting
Adams’ current capacity is 489. The projected new capacity is 531.
- Add five permanent classrooms
- Remove three portable classrooms
Renovations & Repairs
- Upgrade mechanical infrastructure including electrical, heating, and plumbing systems
- Upgrade finishes in hallways and shared spaces including floors, paint, and ceilings
- Improve ADA accessibility and install energy efficient lighting
- Replace covered play shelter and relocate school garden
Modern Educational Spaces
- Renovate two existing classrooms to create collaborative/small group learning areas
- Create dedicated PE space by adding multi-use cafeteria
- Dedicate one existing classroom for student support services