What's Happening Now
- Music Room: Finishes are being installed, including acoustical and AV components.
- New Addition:
- Roofing: Roofing approximately 95% complete – need to complete detail work and seismic joints.
- All waterproofing on the exterior walls is complete, window flashings and windows have been installed.
- All exterior masonry has been installed with siding to commence shortly.
- Corridor – Painted and floor polished. Lighting and acoustical panels to be installed shortly.
- Commons/Kitchen Area – Sheetrock has been installed and taping in process.
- Classrooms: floors polished at wet areas. All the walls and ceilings have been painted. Acoustical panels are being installed and mechanical systems have been installed and working. Lights to be installed when acoustic ceiling panels are complete.
- Covered Play Structure: Roofing, basketball hoops have been installed. Paving and striping will be completed as soon as school is out for the summer.
- New boilers and associated pipe work have been completed, tested, and turned on. The complete system has been treated and flushed. The school, both existing and new addition is now being heated by the new boilers.
August 15, 2019: Seismic Work Continues
Fortis is making great progress with construction activities and remains on track
despite the unforeseen items that come with remodels. Some of the unforeseen items include equipment or ductwork in the way of new seismic braces or clips or heaters/HVAC that needed to be removed off an entire wall length rather than just a small section due to the original construction.
The school office is temporarily relocated to the district central office until late August. This project is still on schedule and within budget.
June 2019: Seismic Upgrade Construction Begins
Adams will be closed from June 21 through August 25 for seismic upgrade construction work. The office will temporarily be located at the district administration building. Summer hours will be announced.
February, 2019: Site tours and finalizing investigation process
Site tours by the design team are in progress. Additionally, Wenaha Group is finalizing the design engineer’s investigation process with documentation and on-site exploration. Hazardous material sampling and testing has been completed and results are being processed. Seismic upgrade design work is also in progress.
Activities scheduled for next quarter include an investigation regarding possible underground fuel oil tank and continued pre-design.
December 2018: Site walk-throughs completed
Site walk-through by the project team and structural engineers.
October 15, 2018: Seismic Design & Permitting
Bond program managers are currently working on design and permitting for seismic projects to be completed at Adams Elementary this summer.
Bond Projects at Adams
Adams Elementary was built in 1962. Current enrollment is 443, with capacity at 489.
Safety & Security Improvements
- Improve seismic safety
- Replace emergency communication systems
- Secure front entry and office modifications
- Improve emergency lighting
- Add five permanent classrooms
- Remove three portable classrooms
Renovations & Repairs
- Upgrade mechanical infrastructure including electrical, heating, and plumbing systems
- Upgrade finishes in hallways and shared spaces including floors, paint, and ceilings
- Improve ADA accessibility and install energy efficient lighting
- Replace covered play shelter and relocate school garden
Modern Educational Spaces
- Renovate two existing classrooms to create collaborative/small group learning areas
- Create dedicated PE space by adding multi-use cafeteria
- Dedicate one existing classroom for student support services