Save the Date!
After the successful passage of the facilities bond measure last May, Corvallis School District leaders immediately began preparing for the implementation of the bond program. The district has developed bond goals and a management plan to ensure transparency and ways for community members to get involved. The district will host a Bond Expo open house to share information about bond projects currently in the design phase.
- When? April 24, 2019, 6:30 – 8:00 pm
- Where? Garfield Elementary School gym
- Who? Parents/families, students, community members, and staff are invited
- What? View project plans and talk with architects and district leaders about current activities
In addition to the education specifications developed by district leaders, the architect design teams are using a set of guiding principles that were developed last year by more than 80 community volunteers, students, and staff. The district’s core values of collaboration, community, real-world learning, adaptability, and inclusiveness are also embedded in bond project development.
Join us and learn about the following projects:
Garfield Elementary School
- Major renovations will take place including an additional educational wing (classroom portables will be replaced by permanent classrooms), covered play area, and improvements in parking and site circulation for bikes and pedestrians.
Lincoln Elementary School
- A new replacement school will be built on the south side of the current school campus. The current building will continue to be used during construction, then demolished after the new building is completed. Existing classroom portables will also be removed. Other improvements will include a new covered play area and improvements in parking and site circulation.
Hoover Elementary School
- A new replacement school, similar in size and appearance to the new Lincoln school, will be built on the east side of the current school campus. As with Lincoln, the current building will continue to be used during construction, then demolished after the new building is completed. Existing classroom portables will also be removed. Other improvements will include a new covered play area and improvements in parking and site circulation.
Crescent Valley High School
- Renovations include critical capital repairs, seismic improvements, the installation of a turf athletic field, replacement track, and major renovations in the Career and Technical Education classrooms.
Corvallis High School
- Summer 2019 renovations include softball facilities upgrades including replacement dugouts, new concessions, new restroom facilities, replacement seating, and repairs to the field drainage and fencing.
Additional work starting this summer includes the CVHS boiler replacement and track and field replacement, and Cheldelin and Linus Pauling track surface replacement. Seismic work will be completed at Adams, Jefferson, and Wilson Elementary Schools.
All are welcome to attend this event to see preliminary design work that is in progress and to share your thoughts with the design teams.