Families can save money if students qualify for free or reduced-price meals, including breakfast and lunch. A new application must be completed each year, and only forms for the current year are accepted.
About the Program
Thanks to the Oregon State Legislature, students who qualify for reduced-priced meals can have breakfast and lunch at no charge. This will help parents save money and give children the nutrition they need to be successful in school. Children receiving benefits are not identified to other students or adults.
- All information is confidential.
- Use one application per household (including all school-age children.)
- Children from households that receive Food Stamps or TANF benefits are automatically eligible for free meals. An application still must be filled out and submitted.
- All Foster children are eligible for free meals. An application still must be filled out and submitted.
- Official eligibility notification letters will be emailed after applications have been processed. If no email is provided, a letter will be mailed.
How to Apply for the Free and Reduced Meal Program
Parents and guardians must submit a new application each year unless they already received an email or letter saying their student has been approved for the current year. Applications are accepted at any time during the school year.
Families are encouraged to apply online through the LINQ Family Portal linked below.
- Income Guidelines
- Online Meal Application (LINQ Connect Online Portal)
- Printer Friendly Application
- Printer Friendly Application (Spanish)
Families who qualify at the Oregon EIG level, but do not qualify at the federal level will receive two separate notifications:
- a letter notifying they do not qualify at the federal level
- a letter notifying they qualify at the Oregon EIG level
We recognize this will be confusing to families and they may think they are getting denied all together when they receive that first notification. We are currently working on a solution to ensure families receive clear guidance about their eligibility.
If you have not yet received notification and want to know if your child has been approved for Free or Reduced meals, please log in to the linqconnect.com portal using Google Chrome and link your child. You will be able to see their eligibility as well as carryover expiration date or current year approval. If you have any questions please contact Ryan Arriza, Food Service Fiscal Clerk, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-757-5859.
Students Attending Garfield and Letitia Carson Elementary Schools
Under the Community Eligibility Provision from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), all students at Garfield Elementary and Letitia Carson Elementary are eligible for free meals for the 2023-24 school year regardless of income. Therefore, Garfield and Letitia Carson families do not need to fill out free and reduced lunch applications.