Your child may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. This federally funded program is completely confidential and was created to ensure children from households that meet federal income guidelines have access to nutritious meals while at school. A new application must be completed each year and only forms for the current school year are accepted.
About the Program
Thanks to the Oregon State Legislature, students who qualify for reduced-priced meals can have breakfast and lunch for free. This will help parents save money and give children the nutrition they need to be successful in school. Children receiving benefits are not identified to other students or adults.
- All information is confidential.
- Use one application per household (including all school-age children.)
- Children from households that receive Food Stamps or TANF benefits are automatically eligible for free meals. An application still must be filled out and submitted.
- All Foster children are eligible for free meals. An application still must be filled out and submitted.
- Official approval or denial letters we be mailed after applications have been processed.
Applications are made available to every child at the beginning of each school year.
- You may apply online, pick-up an application at your school office, or contact Food and Nutrition Services Department.
- A new or revised application can be submitted at any time during the school year.
- If you are not eligible now but have a decrease in household income, an increase in household size, or become unemployed, complete an application at that time.
Apply for the Free and Reduced Meal Program
It is important to remember that Free and Reduced Meal Program applications must be filled out every year, unless you receive a letter that your child has already been approved for the current year. If you do not receive a letter for each child in your household, please contact Marv Newcombe at (541) 757-5903.
A reduction in tuition or fees for various activities and programs may be available for your student if you qualify for the Free or Reduced Meal Program.
- The information on your application is confidential.
- Your permission is required to allow us to share your application status for other school district services.
- To be eligible for any of these available benefits, we must receive a signed Confidentiality Waiver form.
Families are encouraged to apply online at the link below. A print-friendly application may be downloaded and completed. Paper forms are also available at all school offices.