The Facilities Planning Committee is charged to develop a Long Range Facilities Master Plan to help transform an aging infrastructure and provide more innovative and equitable opportunities for all students. The committee was appointed by Superintendent Noss in January 2017 and will complete their work in November 2017 with a draft plan to be considered by the school board.
October 2017 Update: Public Input on the Draft Long Range Facilities Master Plan
This month, we will gather additional public input and share that information with members of the Long Range Facilities Planning Committee to refine the final draft of the plan.
Community Information Nights are planned at every school location to provide staff, families, and community members with information about the concept plans for that school. At these meetings:
- There will be a brief presentation and time for questions and answers.
- Each meeting will include a presentation of the concept plan for the school and an overview of the “feeder” schools associated with that school.
- Childcare and interpreters (Spanish) will be available.
- Public input will be gathered at these meetings and shared with the committee for consideration for the final version of the draft plan.
The committee will meet again in November for two meetings to be held November 8 & 28. The agenda for the first meeting will be sharing community feedback; the second meeting will provide time for the committee to finalize the recommended plan.
School Information Meetings, 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the following locations:
October 2- Crescent Valley High School
October 2- Harding Center
October 3- Corvallis High School
October 4- Lincoln Elementary School
October 9- Wilson Elementary School
October 10- Linus Pauling Middle School
October 11- Jefferson Elementary School
October 16- Hoover Elementary School
October 17- Mt. View Elementary School
October 18- Adams Elementary School
October 23- Franklin K-8 School
October 24- Cheldelin Middle School
October 25- Garfield Elementary School (This is a no-school/conference day. A second meeting will be scheduled.)
Other opportunities to provide input
October 7- Eco-Charrette Session, 9 – 11:30 am at the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library meeting room. This meeting will focus on sustainability priorities for our school facilities. Sign-up is required due to room capacity. Please call 541-766-4856 or email email@example.com to register.
October 12- School Board Meeting, 6:30 pm at the District Administration Building.
November 16- School Board Meeting, 6:30 pm at the District Administration Building.
To provide input at a school board meeting, please review the public testimony guidelines HERE.
Our summer community update provides an overview of the importance of addressing our aging school facilities. You can review the 2017 Update HERE.
Actualización para la comunidad
Questions about the planning process or the information meetings may be directed to Kim Patten, Facilities and Transportation Director at 541-757-5877 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitee Goals and Objectives
Develop a Long Range Facilities Master Plan recommendation for school board approval that:
- Supports learning environments that are safe and accessible
- Inspires innovative learning, accommodates evolving instructional practices, and promotes collaboration among students, staff and community
- Is cost-effective for the taxpayer, energy efficient, and adaptable for future use by students, staff and the community
- Complies with the requirements of ORS 195.110
See the full committee roster here.
A number of reports were developed in preparation for the committee’s work. They are available using the links below.